Monday, 9 April 2012

very over due progress report

Well hello everyone who hasn't given up on me! I think that will be about 3 of you, I am so incredibly slack. In my mind I feel there is nothing to blog about since my progress is, well, progressing great, but I'm sure all you out there that are new to Invisalign or wishing to go down that road still want me to document every waking minute of my treatment.

So here goes.

I am now on set 20 of 22 on my top row of teeth, and still sitting on set 14 for my bottom teeth, my bottom aligner, among being thoroughly disgusting, foul, repulsing and plain gross, is doing a good job at retaining my bottom teeth until the end of my treatment. If you have Invisalign or have had it, you will know and love the clean, successful feeling a new set of aligners brings; which means you will also know how damn glad you are to get rid of the old ones after the 2 weeks. Well, imagine now I feel with my bottom aligner being in there for so far 10 weeks and sill have another 4 at least to go. It is RE-VOLT-ING. It does not clean, it isn't even clear anymore, and it's loose. I have hit my ortho up about getting a new one but basically he told me to get over it and wait. My bottom teeth are "done", the word being put in inverted comas because I still think they are a long way from being done, but there is not much that can be done as it is more the shape of my teeth that is irking me, not the actual alignment of them.

Onto the top.

My top teeth had 5 weeks left of treatment as of yesterday. They are coming along nicely, if you care to refer to my clinchecks I posted way way back on here, you will see near the end that my top teeth finish fanning out and start to slide back into place. This is what is happening at the moment. Finally it is easy to remove the new aligner the same day it is put in, I do not have to sleep on it to let my teeth adjust and have time before I abuse them by taking it out. Sadly I think I am loosing "track" on one my teeth - the one next to my right front one (not the left front one by the way, for those of you brainy guys) The reason I say this is because my aligner has quite a big gap between it and the bottom of that offending tooth. There is not much I can do apart from wait until my next appointment on the 23rd of this month when I go and pick up my last set.

I hope this helps? Any questions, please dont hesitate to leave a comment and I swear i will get back to you coz even this far on in the blog, a comment makes me jump for joy, they are so few and far between.

I hope everyone had a happy easter and remembered to brush their teeth lots and lots!!!

F :)

1 comment: